Checklist for new clients
1. Before you log on to your account(s) for the first time, you will need your:
- ID number – The 16-digit number found on the front of your ScotiaCard
- Log on password – To obtain your Scotia iTRADE log on password:
- Visit www.scotiaitrade.com. Select "First Time Logging On – Register Now". You will be asked to verify your identify and then you may select your password.
- You will also be asked to create your Trading and Scotia iTRADE TeletraderTM Passwords, which are different from your Log On Password
We suggest that you continue to change your passwords frequently. Keep your ID Number and Password information in a safe place.
2. To provide you with real-time quotes, the Stock Exchanges require that our customers agree to their terms and conditions. (This is an industry-wide requirement for brokerages firms providing real-time data).
The consent process is easy. Simply click on Real-Time Data Agreements at the bottom of the page, read each agreement carefully and if you wish to consent, indicate your agreement to each section by clicking on the appropriate link.
If you choose not to comply with these terms and conditions, rest assured that you will still be able to trade. However, real-time quote information will not be displayed.
3. Customize your settings and choose the default page you would like to appear each time you log on. For email options and any other preferences, click on Manage My Accounts > Update your Information. Any additional Scotia iTRADE accounts you open will be linked to your 16-digit ScotiaCard number and you can keep your current password the same.