to Scotia iTRADE
to Scotia iTRADE
All the tools you need for self-directed investing are right at your fingertips
See your entire financial picture, all on one screen:
With all of the educational resources available you can enjoy trading with ease from desktop or mobile whether you’re a first time investor, or looking for a more powerful platform to make the most of your investments. Enjoy access to in-depth investment research and analysis, fully customizable market data platforms and your choice of investments. With Scotia iTRADE you get convenient, fast access to all of your accounts with one sign on.
Features and benefits
- Get access to Scotiabank's in-depth research capabilities
- Pay bills, right from your online brokerage account
- Manage and transfer funds between your Scotia iTRADE online brokerage account and Scotiabank bank accounts.
- Set-up and make future dated transactions
- Access easy fund transfers (CAD and USD) between any bank account in Canada and Scotia iTRADE.
Reasons to join
Some great reasons to join Scotia iTRADE today.
You get low commissions, powerful trading platforms, exceptional service and more.
Convenient, fast and reliable online trading with intuitive navigation and comprehensive research tools.
In addition, choose from one of our advanced simple-to-use trading platforms including:
Scotia iTRADE Trading DeskTM
Enjoy the convenience of entering up to 6 stock and options orders on one screen. Available at no additional platform charge to all Scotia iTRADE® clients.
Scotia iTRADE FlightDesk®
Highly engaged investors can access our premier trading technology featuring our most powerful investing tools, featuring:
- Customizable layouts and data fields
- Multiple instances of each trading tool
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Sidebars with compact trading panels
- Streaming real-time portfolio values
- Single sign on
Visit Powerful platforms to learn more.
With our Easy Transfer service4, you can easily transfer funds (in Canadian and U.S. currencies) between any Canadian bank account and Scotia iTRADE with a point and click, giving you immediate investing power precisely when and where you want it.
Scotia iTRADE security guarantee
We offer comprehensive fraud protection to help safeguard your accounts.
Scotia Capital Inc. will cover the amount of the funds and securities unlawfully removed from your Scotia iTRADE account as a result of a fraudulent and unauthorized online transaction in your Scotia iTRADE account provided that you've met your security and other responsibilities.5
Great care is taken to ensure that all your electronic funds transfers are processed exactly as instructed. And in the unlikely event that your funds transfer is not sent as you have instructed, we will work with you to resolve the issue swiftly.4
The Client Insight Panel helps us to engage our clients on an on-going basis for research purposes, and to collect valuable insights on our products, services, marketing and operations. If you are eligible and decide to join, you will be entered into a draw to receive a cash incentive.
Panel members have access to a secure client portal, which hosts new surveys and updates from Scotia iTRADE. Surveys occur every 4-6 weeks and usually take 7-10 minutes to complete.
In order to participate in the Client Insight Panel, all interested clients are sent a Recruitment Screener survey. The survey takes 10-15 minutes to complete. You will be asked demographic information, banking and trading activity, investment information and household income.
- You must live in Canada
- You can not work in: Marketing, Research, Advertising or Media/PR
- You must be over 18
- You must have logged into your Scotia iTRADE account within the last 6 months
Ready to apply
- Name and contact information
- Social Insurance Number (with your Social Security Number for U.S. Citizens)
- A photocopy of your Canadian photo identification (Driver's License (both sides), Passport, Age of Majority Card, Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence Card)
- A Scotiabank deposit bank account or a cheque deposited and cleared from another Canadian financial institution
- Ensure you include a mailing address
- Photocopy of identification; both sides of Driver’s License
- The account opening form will ask you to fill in your banking account information more than once; Don’t forget to enter it in both times
- “How did you hear about us?” Your promo code for this section will be ADVMKT unless you have a special promotion code
- Don’t forget, after you select “Print Summary” to print your application, you must also press “SUBMIT” in order for your account to be processed
Don’t delay in sending all signed documents immediately so you can begin trading on your account.
Individual Account: An account in your name only.
Joint account: An account owned by more than one individual. There are two types of Joint accounts, Joint with Right of Survivorship and Joint Tenants in Common.
- Right of Survivorship: A form of account ownership, which allows all owners to operate the account individually. On the death of any owner, the entire interest in the Joint account becomes the property of the survivor(s) - not available in the Province of Quebec.
- Tenants in Common: A form of account ownership, which allows all owners to operate the account individually. On the death of any owner, the interest in the account is divided equally unless otherwise specified at the time of account opening.
Power of Attorney: This is an individual who is assigned by the owner to assume control over the account. A power of Attorney can be limited to buying and selling securities within an account, or can be granted full authority including withdrawal of money.
Guarantor: A Guarantor is an individual who promises to repay any indebtedness of the account to Scotia iTRADE if the owner does not meet their obligation.
Interested Party: This is an individual selected to receive account statements or trade confirmations.
Top Bank-Owned Firm for 2018
19th annual review of Canada’s online brokerages by Rob Carrick of The Globe and Mail.
Best Overall Top Bank-Owned Brokerage 2016 – 2018
6th annual report on the best online brokerages in Canada from MoneySense Magazine, in partnership with Surviscor.
SQM Call Center Best Practice Award 2014 – 2016
Call Center First Call Resolution Best Practice Gold Award – 3rd year in a row
To qualify for commissions of $4.99 flat per Canadian or US equities trade and $4.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade, you must, during the immediately preceding calendar quarter, execute at least 150 commission-generating equity or options trades. Accounts with less than 150 commission-generating trades within a calendar quarter will qualify for commissions of $9.99 flat per Canadian or US equities trade and $9.99 + $1.25/contract for each options trade. Commission-generating trades are buys and sells of: Equities, Options, Mutual Funds subject to commissions and Fixed Income instruments. Buys and Sells of GICs, ETFs which do not generate a commission, Canada Savings Bonds and Provincial Savings Bonds are examples of trades that are not commission-generating. You must re-qualify each calendar quarter. New qualification status will be effective on the second business day of the calendar quarter. Fees for US transactions are charged in US dollars.